Hiruscar Review: GOODBYE SCARS!

Here's an initial review on Hiruscar

PRICE: 5g (P319.00) and 20g (P852.00)
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Mercury Drug stores nationwide




THE VERDICT:

I've received this sample a couple of months ago, and finally, here's what I have to say. Forgive me, dear Hiruscar peeps, for it took me a while to review the product. But since it's a treatment, I really had to see for myself it will work.

And it did!

Let's check out the product.


Hiruscar is manufactured by Medinova, a leading Swiss dermatological products company with over 40 years of dermatological expertise.

Hiruscar is an over-the-counter healing ointment that is meant to heal any scar. Significant reduction in a scar's pigmentation and size should be expected in 4- 8 weeks of usage. Scars will fully heal in 12 weeks.


Hiruscar has a soft gel consistency with a lovely rose scent. It is spreadable, and it is absorbed quickly by the skin.

What are the ingredients that can be found in Hiruscar?

Mucopolysaccharide Polysulphate (MPS)- speeds up the production of Hyaluronic Acid; increases cell's ability to retain moisture

Allium Cepa- prevents the build- up of excessive tissue, which is the cause of scars.

Allantoin- speeds up the peeling process to reduce pigmentation and discoloration

Aloe Vera- promotes healing and prevents progressive skin damage

Vit. B- adjusts skin tone; dissipates black marks

Vit E- acts as a moisturizer for the scar; great anti- oxidant

I've used this for around two months, and I must say that it really works. Here's a lil' history about this heel scar:

"One night, roughly around 3 1/2- 4 months ago, I arrived home from a rehearsal and was so sleepy. I was literally dragging myself to the front door, and was feeling very, very drowsy. Our main door has an aluminum door before the wooden door. The tip of the bottom part of the aluminum door was very sharp. When I was about to step inside the house, the aluminum door slammed right behind me because its spring wasn't working, and the sharp tip hit my right heel in mid- air and lacerated it badly. I fell to the ground and saw blood flowing from my heel. Damn, I almost fainted at the sight of too much blood! I wasn't able to wear closed shoes for almost two weeks. It has completely healed in 3 weeks, but it left a huge, dark brown, keloid scar that looks very ugly."

Ugh. My stomach churned after recounting my story. Anyway, the Hiruscar sample came just in time, like a week after the scar has fully healed. I used it immediately and religiously on the said scar for 2- 2 1/2 months.

So here is my scar now. Notice the pinkish part? That's how big the discolored area was. The scar in the middle had a coffee- brown color, and the area around it had dark- brown discoloration. Notice that it lightened, and turned a bit pinkish. As of this writing, the pinkish area has already adjusted to my skin tone.

Check out the scar in the middle of the pinkish area. It used to be huge and dark, and used to protrude. After 2 months of usage, the scar was flattened and lightened. It's almost gone!

I seriously recommend this to people who are suffering from scars, hyper and hypo pigmentation, and other skin marks. This thing effin' works!

By the way, you must store this thing in a cool, dry place. No need to refrigerate. Also, do not leave the tube open because air will dry out the product inside the tube.

Please read the rest of the entry for the User Guide and FAQS.


USER GUIDE

Hiruscar should be used for 4- 8 weeks to be able to see a significant difference on scars and marks. On the 12th week, expect that the scar or mark is 93% healed.

1. Apply on healed wounds ONLY
2. Apply 3- 4 times per day. Religiously use it everyday
3. Massage the gel for 2 minutes on the scar or mark for better absorption
4. It is advisable that you use Hiruscar alone (for topical treatments) for it to maximize its effectiveness

For Facial use- apply the gel first prior to any skin product for better absorption
For old scars- massage the area with the gel for 2-3 minutes. Apple 3-4 times a day, everyday. Expect it to fully heal and vanish in 6 months.

*Hiruscar's efficacy depends on your skin type and your body's reaction to the formulation. Healing time might extend further than the estimated time for some people. But it will still work because Hiruscar was proven to work on any scar on any skin.


FAQS:

Is Hiruscar safe to be used on Children?
- Yes. It is dermatologically- proven safe and hypoallergenic.

Is it safe to be used on pregnant women?
- A majority of products are not tested on pregnant women. So I do not recommend that you self- medicate. Please seek professional medical advise prior to usage.

Can Hiruscar be used on sensitive skin?
- Yes. Hiruscar has undergone a lot of testing and research, and results have shown that it is safe to be used by people with sensitive and extra- sensitive skin.

I am taking medications, particularly antibiotics for my wound. Can it be used with it?
- Since antibiotics are meant to speed up the healing process of the wound, wait for the wound to fully heal before using Hiruscar, as it is recommended to be used only on closed wounds.

Where else can I use Hiruscar apart from scars left by wounds?
- Post- surgery scars, deep scars left by burns and lacerations, acne marks, stretch marks, and chicken pox marks.

Is it really effective on stretch marks?
- It is effective on red stretch marks. It prevents them from turning into permanent white marks. However, for white stretch marks, it may not work since white stretch marks are permanent, and will need a combination of medical and surgical procedures to eliminate them.

Is it really effective?
- Yes. Lab and people results have shown that a scar's appearance and color was reduced by 93%. Still, the effectivity of the product will depend on your usage. If you skip application often, don't expect the product to do wonders on you, as the product requires religious usage for it to work.

How about old scars? Will it still work?
- For old scars, it will require at least 4-6 months of complete healing, since old scars have accumulated a lot of tissue and melanin. But in 8- 12 weeks, there will be a significant difference on the appearance and color of the scars.

I want to prevent scar before it forms on my skin. Can I use it on semi- healed wounds?
- No. The product strongly suggests that you apply the product on healed wounds ONLY.

Does it have long- term side effects (e.g rashes, itching, and flaking) ?
- No. Various lab researches have shown that Hiruscar does not cause irritation.

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. Wow, your story made my stomach hurt haha. Good to see that something worked, I'd like to see if this worked on my stretch marks. Might have to get some!

    Thanks for the review! x

    http://crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. crosswire dreamers: hello and welcome to my blog! :D Let me know how it goes for ya'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, will it work if the scar is more than a year na?my sister is looking for a something that will make her wrist scar fade a little or totally disappear. She tried dermatix and contractubex but its not working kahit konti e. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. kath: yup! it will work on old scars, which is the promise of the product. :D It might take longer though. Around 6 months or more, perhaps. :D Efficacy depends on your skin's reaction to the product and healing process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah! i become nauseous at the sight of blood too! good to know your boo boo is healed na!

    this is interesting, might pick this up when i get back to Manila. thanks for sharing Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm: thanks. I hate blood. except dinuguan! yum! haha. :D

    I think this is available in Singapore dear. You might want to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Promising product, in fairness!

    I tried Contratubex but unfortunately it didn't work really well. I only have one scar and it is on my left knee. I really want it to at least lighten or much better disappear. I'd like to try this soon. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kristela: no prob! hope it works on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ma'am .. just wanna ask kase i bought Hiruscar in Taiwan last week and I immediately used it 3-4 times a day umaabot pa nga ng 5 days eh. Then I noticed after 4 days i noticed the dark pigmentation surrounding the scar especially the area where i put and massage the cream. is it still normal? i stop applying the cream and i switched to contractubex

      Delete
  9. hi will it work if the scar is more than a year and it caused by boil or pigsa? its really dark kasi.thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intrigued by this product. I've tried countless of products for my scar. I'm gonna give this one a try. Great review! :)

    Just followed you on GFC and liked your FB page. :)

    themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi i have many acne scars on my face. That's y i have to cover it with make-up. Can i still wear make-up while using this product?

    ReplyDelete
  12. magkano po ung hiruscar? please response. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanksa for the review,tamang tama ito s big problem ko about my scars

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dami ko pong pimple scar kaya po ng product na ito???

    ReplyDelete
  15. can this hiruscar remove old dark scars?

    ReplyDelete